Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Q&A with Hakeem Flowers




One of the most talked about and highly recruited prospects out of the 2011 class is Wade Hampton wide receiver Hakeem Flowers.

Flowers caught 50 balls for over 1,000 yards with 9 scores in his senior season at Wade Hampton. Flowers took the time to do an exclusive interview with PalmettoFootballPlus regarding his recruiting and his career in general.
**************************************************************
PalmettoFootballPlus: For the few people that have not seen your highlight tapes or your recruiting profiles. What is your biggest asset as a player?

Hakeem Flowers: I think my biggest asset is just being able to get the ball when my team needs it and to make some plays.

PFP: What do you think needs the most work?

HF: I like to work on my route running and running better routes. I believe, as a receiver, you can always run better routes. 

PFP: If someone were to go to your profile from various recruiting websites they would see something strange for a player inside the state of South Carolina. Neither Clemson nor South Carolina are in your college choices, why is that?

HF:  The coaches at Clemson and Carolina kind of figured out that I wanted to go out of state so they recruited me but they never offered me. 

PFP: What about going out of state attracts you?

HF: I don’t know, I just think that it’s different. I think its fun to get out of the state of South Carolina and see other places.

PFP: Where do you stand on the recruiting trail right now?

HF: Right now my top five is UCLA, Michigan, Oregon, LSU and Georgia Tech. There are no leaders; it is not in a specific order.

PFP:  What coaches from those schools are recruiting you?

HF: From Georgia Tech it’s Coach Todd Spencer. UCLA is actually recruiting me with Head Coach Neuheisal. Oregon is recruiting me with Coach Scott Frost. I’ve talked to a couple of people at Michigan but mainly it’s been Coach Tony Gibson. At LSU I’ve talked to Coach John Chavis.
 
PFP: What did you see in the schools that made your Top 5?

HF: They’re all great programs with winning traditions. I also like the fact that they are recruiting me hard and really want me to come there.

PFP:  Some guys love the recruiting process, others hate it. How has this process been for you?

HF:  It’s been pretty good for me. I like the love and the attention that you get from the fans and from the coaches at the schools.

PFP: How did Wade Hampton’s football season go this year?

HF: It went really good we went 9-2. I think I did as much as I could for the football team and I don’t really have any regrets after a season like that. We don’t grade out so I can’t say how well I did but I made a lot of plays.

PFP:  What kind of player and person will you be to the school that gets your services?

HF: They will get a dedicated player who wants to go out and fight for a position and a player that also likes to have fun.

PFP: What are the determining factors going down the stretch? When are you going to decide?

HF: I’m going to mainly choose the school that I feel most comfortable with. I’m going to announce my decision on signing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment